Monday, November 15, 2010

Things I Love About Our Home

We have now settled down from the whirlwind that was October (moving, family visits, opera, California, etc), and have been in the house and not extremely busy for a couple of weeks. I have actually been home as often or more often than not. Incredible, huh?

So now that I have lived in this house, I've had some time to reflect. Now, I still pull up to my house and stare at it and say to myself, "I can't believe we have a house!" It's still surreal. Mark and I talk about it every few days. I say, "Can you believe we live here?" And he says, "No, I can't". That aside, there are some things that I love that are sinking in that I want to share.

I love when I come home from work and walk in through kitchen door and the dogs run up to greet me and I'm home. I'm sure everyone loves that, but it's so exciting because we have a garage, (even though we still can't get the remotes to work and have to get out of our car every time to open the garage and close it) and it's so cool to pull my car into it every day.

I love our fireplace. We have it going every day. Now, I'm still too afraid to light it. I mean, it's a gas fireplace, and that big burst of flames at the beginning is just too much for me. I can't handle it. Maybe one day I will be more brave. But Mark lights it every evening, and I love sitting by it, or just looking at it.

I love having my piano. I love that I can actually play piano when I do my voice lesson warm ups and can sit and play music for fun, whenever I want. It's not stressful, it's peaceful. I really like that.

I LOVE having internet. I mean seriously. It's super awesome.

Checking the mail is a thrill. I have always loved checking mail, and it's no exception here, except that this time we have a super cute mailbox. I love that.

I love leaving the front door open with the glass door shut when we're home so that our home is welcoming to others.

I love that a young lady from our church named Karlie is living with us. I love that she is using one of our extra empty bedrooms and bathroom. I love pulling up at night and seeing her light on in her room and knowing there's someone in there, occupying that room and filling it with life.

I love talking walks with Mark, Melvin, and Karlie's dog, Bella, around the neighborhood at night.

I love driving through our beautiful neighborhood and seeing all the gorgeous massive trees that are putting on quite a show with their fall colors.

I love that Thanksgiving is this month, and a Christmas explosion is going to happen in full force in our house after that. I am so excited.

I love that I love all these things. And I am excited to love more things as we live out our life here. (-:

What do you love about your home?

~Kathryn

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are loving it! And I'm glad things may be slowing down so we can hear from you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to just be able to rest peacefully and snuggle up with BM and Mia....it's nice having our own space again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got that house! It sounds like it couldn't have gone to a more thankful person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you. God blesses us and you are part of the blessings I have received. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity