Monday, January 17, 2011

The Enchanted Teacup

I got a teacup for Christmas:


Cute, huh? You could say that I love it. Mark makes tea pretty regularly here at the ole Johnson household - probably at least once a day. Whenever I request "my most special favorite teacup", this is the one he brings.

Apparently I am not the only one who loves this Anthropologie teacup. Little Melvin has a love for this quaint little piece of porcelain that rivals mine.

It all started on Christmas day. We were buzzing about the house, Mark had the tea kettle on the stove, and all of the sudden, it began. Exhibit A:



No, this was not staged. He was not trained to love the teacup. We thought the attachment was bizarre, but as we all do, we moved on with our lives.

About two weeks later we had friends over and we were chatting in the living room. I heard some commotion in the kitchen and asked Mark if he would go check to see what Melvin was making all that fuss about. Mark went into the kitchen and then said, "It's the teacup". The teacup that was now on the windowsill. The teacup that I wouldn't have thought would have been visible for a little dog. We moved the teacup into the living with us, and here is what transpired:



Yes, I was trying to show Melvin the teacup so that he would know it wasn't magical, and it wasn't made of meat, in case that's what he thought.

We then put the teacup back in the kitchen where it belongs, and the following went on for probably close to an hour:



And there you have it. I have a dog that should apparently have been born in Britain, where he could have high tea daily, with scones. And that is the story of The Enchanted Teacup.

~Kathryn

6 comments:

  1. Haha - that's hilarious! And that tea cup is a beauty! I was just looking at their tea cups online over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea cups! So dainty and beautiful!

    ~ theMRS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh that is a pretty tea cup...matt and I got a set of tea cups as a wedding gift, but I always think they are too fancy to actually drink tea out of...you've inspired me - I think I'll drink tea out of them tonight, lol. Question - what kinds of tea do the Johnson's drink? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How curious! I can't say I blame him, it is very cute! And now I'm craving tea. I think I'll go have some actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious!!! I wish I could buy one of your pies and you could ship it to Muskogee. I wonder if that's possible??

    ReplyDelete
  6. so crazy! your dog is obsessed with your tea cup. how random and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity