Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!!






It's Christmas Eve! In this part of the country, a huge snowstorm is ever so slowly creeping into the area. I've spent the morning watching the news and catching all of the latest updates. The suspense is really starting to get to me. Our Christmas Eve Service at my church is tonight, so it would be nice if the snow would hold off a few more hours so we could have it. But, at the same time, I LOVE snow. Like I LOVE it A LOT. I have the ingredients ready for snow ice cream. This just might be God's "first Christmas" gift to me and Mark. (-;

I think the most meaningful part of Christmas is summed up in one of the last scenes in "A Charlie Brown Christmas", where Charlie Brown is trying to find the true meaning of Christmas, and trying not to let all the materialism get to him. It's so cool, because the show gets quiet, and Linus walks out on the stage with his little blanket, which he sets on the ground to give his speech. This is really interesting, because Linus always has his blanket, but apparently his monologue has enough importance and power that he doesn't need to cling to his blanket for comfort.



With the spotlight on him, he states:

'"And the angel said unto them, fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men". 

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.'

I hope in the midst of wrapping paper, family, and laughs that you, too, remember what Christmas is all about.

Merry Christmas!!

~Kathryn 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. This is a great little story.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity