Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 In Review (I'm trying to be like all the cool bloggers who are doing this)

As I was scrolling through all the new posts in Blogger, I noticed that "2009 in Review" was a pretty popular post topic. And since I am currently lacking large amounts of creativity, I decided to be a copykat. Ha ha - get it, copyKat (like my name)? (-:

So, really, this year brought a LOT of changes, for the good, and a lot of new aspects.

I started a new job in February working for my church and I LOVE it. And the funny thing is, when I started the job I was nervous that I wouldn't like it. When I interviewed at the church, I already had a great job as an underwriter for an insurance company, and I was very comfortable, loved my co-workers, and was really in a great place. So, when this new opportunity was presented to me, honestly, at first I didn't even think it was a realistic option. But, to appease those who approached me about the job, I went ahead and emailed the church for information. A few weeks of number crunching, wise counsel, prayer, and deep thinking later, I accepted the job and jumped in with both feet. Almost a year later, words can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for my new job and all the blessings it has brought.

The new job was obviously a big change, at least a 40 hour a week change, but a couple of months later another change took place that is a 24/7 change. Mark and I got married in July after over 4 years of dating. I love being married. It is so fun and I always have someone with which to hang out. I couldn't imagine not having Mark in my life and am so thankful for him. I feel like this paragraph should be longer than the one about the job, but then again, I've talked more about marriage and Mark on here in general, so I guess it evens out. If you want to see some wedding photos, see my previous blog posts here and here.

We went on a cruise with friends and family (photos here) in September, and that was so fun. I love cruises. And I love the ocean. And dressing up. And eating enormous quantities of calories. So it's a win-win.

Little Miguel had a rough year for a dog. He developed diabetes and a thyroid problem. He's doing okay, though, and will be turning 14 in a couple of weeks. Brinkley had fun just being a dog. No big developments with him, other than passing his obedience class FINALLY.

My brother got married two weeks after me, so my family had a busy couple of months! (-: They had a beautiful wedding and I have a wonderful new sister-in-law.

And of course, the coolest thing that happened was that I started this blog. Ha ha just kidding. Apparently I'm really cracking myself up today.

I guess that's all for now. Mark and I have been thinking and talking about our goals for 2009, so hopefully those will be coming soon, AND a new Cooking with Kat segment on some olive cheese bread that we will be making for the New Year tomorrow.

Peace out, homies!

~Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. You ARE one of the cool bloggers, silly! Love reading your blog! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity