Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Baby Shower

Well, the baby shower came and went, and I would say that overall, it was successful. I am still recuperating from my lack of sleep, but I think if I get a good night's sleep tonight I will be all caught up! (-:

My friend, Katie, is doing a lamb theme in her nursery. She is not sure yet if she is going to have a boy or a girl, so that left me with green, yellow, and lambs. I started researching and getting ideas around the first of year, and I think the finished product turned out really beautifully. I bought plastic off white table cloths, and then purchased some yellow fabric to lay over them.

Here is a picture of the three tables, all together:


Here they are individually:



This was the first table, with the cake on it. My mom made the cake - it's a wonderful cake with a berry filling and white chocolate frosting. There is also a little tray of tomato/basil/mozzarella snacks with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on them. Here are a couple close-ups:


I decided to through in flowers and butterflies to go with the lamb theme. For the flowers I picked out hydrangeas. They are really beautiful and went with the colors. And you'll see little stuffed animal lambs on the tables.



And here's the beautiful cake my mom worked very hard on. It was so delicious. Pretty much everyone wants the recipe. (-:

Next we have the middle table. The middle food item is a chicken salad loaf that my mom made, and iced with cream cheese. It was soo yummy! (-:


I know that's kind of hard to see, so I will do some close ups. First, in the middle you see the diaper cake I made. It really wasn't hard - I watched an online tutorial on how to do it. A little time consuming, but definitely something I will do again. (-:






Isn't is precious? I put some organic baby soaps on there for decoration and a little lamb on top. So cute!

On that same table, we had cucumber sandwiches, and little butterfly cookie cutters for everyone to take as a party favor. Also, I got a little butterfly puzzle that is chemical free and so cute. Under each layer of the butterlfly is another puzzle - one coming out of the cocoon and one in the cocoon. 


Next we have on that same table an area where people could write prayers, encouraging notes, or advice for the new mommy. 



This box was so sweet I had to get a close up:


It's Humpty Dumpty! Yay!

And the third table. I got some wooden letters and painted them yellow and green. 


Here they are, and also I framed a copy of her baby shower invitation. And I got those pink and blue butterfly holders as name card holders for all the food items:



These sugar cookies I worked really hard on, and then people thought they were store bought and didn't eat them. They are butterflies and lambs. I'm glad I went to all that trouble - ha. It's okay, though, our Sunday lunch guests ate all of them. (-:



I found this frame and figured I had to use it:


So. That's basically everything. For punch I made this yummy slushy punch with bananas, pineapple juice, 7-up, and some other things. We also had strawberry lemonade, coffee and water. 

Now, as far as the games are concerned. Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions. Mark and I both laughed out loud at a lot of them. I ended up not having a ton of time to get a game together with all the other shower stuff I was working on, so I went with the standard use toilet paper to guess how round the mommy's tummy is game. Here are a couple photos from that:


And the winner, who happened to be here sister:





That was a fun game.

Here I am with the mommy-to-be:


And here's the group with her gifts:



And finally, here we are with the diaper cake:


So, overall the shower went really well. I thought everything turned out beautifully and all the guests "ooohed" and "aaahhed" over everything. I really hope Katie liked it. 

Whew! That is a lot of pictures! I hope you enjoyed it!

~Kathryn

9 comments:

  1. You did such a good job! I'm sure it would be a lot harder to plan a shower when you don't know the sex. Great job with the cookies by the way, they DO look store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did a great job! Your friend is lucky to have a pal to throw her such a nice shower!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful shower. You are quite the hostess! Want to come throw my baby shower whenever I get preggo? :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party! We just found out last weekend that my nephew and his bride are expecting their first! This gives me some great ideas for a shower... hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should be a party planner! you're friend is so lucky to have someone like you who will put so much care and detail into her party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job...it looks beautiful!!
    And if I was there I would have totally ate up those cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures turned out beautifully! This was the cutest baby shower ever! Thanks for letting me help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am SO impressed with everything that you did! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job you did! You are truly a gift to us all. Love you precious Angel!
    Sunnie

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity