Friday, August 13, 2010

Hello from Home!

Well, hello, everyone!

I apologize for my hiatus. You see, apparently, pneumonia really kicks your butt. I have been VERY tired the last week and haven't been too up for blogging. But, I am feeling a little better every day, and so I thought I would share an update and blog a little.

First of all, I am so thankful to be home from the hospital. Granted, everyone there was so nice (except the one respiration lady that told another respiration lady that I get, and I quote, "irate", if I don't get my breathing treatments on time. Apparently, if I very politely go to the nurses station and ask if I am getting a breathing treatment since mine was two hours late, that means I was irate.) Whatever. Anway, everyone except her was very nice. Ha.

Mark just LOVED the hospital food. Everyday they would call and say "What would Mrs. Johnson like for (insert meal)?" and Mark would say something like "Mrs. Johnson would like chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, a side of macaroni and cheese..." And I would yell at Mark about what the food people would think of me for ordering all that, and then the food would come and Mark would eat it. And I would have a banana. Ha

Oh yeah, apparently you don't get very hungry in the hospital. I lost six pounds. Six pounds. I don't think I have weighed what I weigh right now since like middle school. But don't worry, I've already eaten two cookies and some lasagna today, so I think we're on the way up. (ha... weigh up... like on the scale... pun).

Melvin has been a very sweet get well friend. He likes to sit by me on the couch or play with his toys all day long. Oh, I don't think I've shared on here yet. I am going to be devoting a whole post to it, but we lost little Miguel while I was in the hospital. He had to be euthanized on Saturday morning. He had started having seizures about a week ago. He had one that lasted a few hours on and off while I was home sick on Tuesday, before I was in the hospital, but I clearly was too sick to deal with it. Mark took a break from the hospital Friday night and went home and stayed with the dogs, and Miguel woke up at 4:00am having a seizure. It lasted all night until Mark took him to our vet at 9:00am. Around 9:30 they put him down. While that I was going on I was in the hospital getting xrays again. Needless to say, it has been a very rough week on our family, and Miguel is a sweet little friend that will never be able to be replaced and we miss him so much. We are very heartbroken. If you want to know more about Miguel, you can read this past post, here . More to come later.

My very strong and super expensive antibiotic has made everything taste really weird. Foods I usually eat do not taste the same. It's been quite a bummer. I got some chips last night and I was eating them and I thought they were salt and vinegar flavor and I looked on the bag and they weren't and I passed them to Mark and I was like, "Do you taste vinegar?" and he was like... "No." Stupid medicine! Even my beloved Java Chip Frappachino from Starbucks tastes bad. )-:

I have had so many visitors and lots of flowers and cards. I plan on taking pictures of what I still have so I can put it on here. I am very blessed and felt very loved during my recovery.

So, how am I feeling? Well, better, for sure! The only thing still sticking around is an occassional headache and occassional right lung pain, and the need to take really deep breaths. Other than that, I am good. I even went out yesterday and didn't need a nap. Although, I did sleep for 12 hours last night. One day at a time. I go back to my doctor on Monday morning and plan on going to my work Monday around 11:00 to work a partial day. I also have a breathing mask to wear when I have to go near the construction site. So, I am definitely so much better now!

I think that sums everything up for now. I am behind on reading blogs, too! I try to read what I can from Mark's blackberry, but that's not easy.

Thank you so much for your prayers while I was in the hospital. That means more to me than everything. So what have I missed? What is new with you guys? (-:



  1. this week was a busy week as jason is preparing to go on his "man adventure" for the year (aka hiking at glacier national park) while i prepare to work from dc for a week. which seems so unfair but whatever, someones gotta bring home the bacon.
    also, we are moving to chicago so we have been doing work around the house to get ready for that.
    glad you are feeling better, hope you feel 100% soonest!

  2. So glad you are feeling better! Keep resting!

  3. Im SO glad you are getting better! Im sorry about Miguel too =(

    Poor gal. You sure are going through alot!

  4. What good news to hear from your end of the woods!- So sorry to hear about your poor little puppy though. They are such a sweet part of the family, and I know how much it hurts when they are gone.- You keep taking good care of yourself! Hugs~

  5. Glad you are home and were able to come to church for a day without having to worry about work! Get to feeling 100% pronto so you can join in on the fun at the Back to Schoo-luau :)

  6. Thats terrible! I am so sorry you were sick, and about your little animal friend, but I am happy to hear you are getting better!

    When I got my tonsils taken out everything tasted so horrible. I refused to eat, and lost a lot of weight. I remember living off of spaghettios for weeks. (the only thing that didn't taste bad!) I don't think I can eat a jar of those EVER again! lol!

    Feel better!

  7. Hi! I recently stumbled upon your blog and absolutely love it! I had no idea where you were from but after reading some old posts I see that you're from Tulsa...I'm from Muskogee =) Anywho nice to meet you! Glad you're better!


We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity