Monday, June 28, 2010

Ponderings

It's Monday.

While may day may have started off with me trying to start my car with my lip gloss, it is being finished by me lazily blogging on a porch swing. I'd say things have turned around. And I like that.

I don't necessarily have an aim for this post - I just thought I'd see what comes out.

I've been playing my guitar some the last week. It's always interesting how I go through seasons with my guitar. Seasons where my guitar collects dust under the bed, and seasons where the calluses on my fingers are found again, and my strings are stretched to new limits while I try another unexplainable Joni Mitchell tuning. I do think it's therapeutic, though. Much like piano used to be. I don't know if piano ever will be again - hopefully it will if I can ever be around a piano long enough to play without stressing about it.. But that's okay; there's a season for everything. Anyway, I've been playing on the porch some lately, using my cell phone as a paper weight, and Miguel as my audience. He's very easy to please. I like that.

I've also been reading some lately. I've read a couple of fiction books for entertainment and have been reading a very challenging non-fiction book lately. The kind that you write in. The kind that makes you feel all convicted. The kind that makes you stop so you can pray about it after only a couple of pages. I like that.

Life has slowed down just enough that I've been able to do those things. And I like that.

Do you ever feel like something is stirring in you? Perhaps there's something for you learn that you haven't caught on to yet. Like the Lord's trying to teach you something. Or you feel a pull toward Him or an extra awareness of his goodness and presence? You know, how it makes you want to read the Word more and makes you feel almost anxious/excited? I guess it's another thing about seasons. I'm in one of those now. I haven't quite figured it out yet. But I like it.

This porch swing is REALLY creaky.

I've set a couple of goals lately. I really like goals. I feel like they take the pressure off, and give hope of a greater outcome. With my goals come realistic expectations, and an understanding that things might not turn out the way I'm hoping. But that's okay.

I think when I get old I'll be one of those ladies that has those deep lines in her face from laughing. I laugh a lot in general, but lately it just seems I've been in some very joyful and fun situations. I guess people will just know that I've been happy throughout my life. And I like that.

Well, I guess I should go inside now. The bugs are enjoying this swing and my computer screen as much as I am, and I really should go to bed.

Grace and Peace,
Kathryn

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! What books are/were you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I liked this post.. I felt like I was sitting on the porch swing next to you and were listening to you think out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I hope you don't mind me leaving you a comment. I noticed you have a heart for Him and are a follower of Katie Davis' blog. I'm a 26 year old woman from England who has been called of God to become a Mama to many Ugandan children. I move to Uganda in January of next year and will be taking in children & loving them, just like Katie. I wondered if you might perhaps be interested in my blog. The link is:
    www.icarryyouinme.wordpress.com
    If you aren't, please just ignore this message. 
    Have a lovely day!
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting on a porch swing sounds nice rigth now...what kind of guitar do you play?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a book like that too, it was called "Let Prayer Change Your Life" and it made want to be in the Word and pray like a crazy lady! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the random post it made me feel like we were old friends just sitting around contemplating life together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm all about deep laugh lines! and i enjoyed getting to know you more (i like just sitting and "seeing what comes out")

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the honest candidness in this post.

    I so wish I had more musical talent. I can read music and play the piano but I wouldn't call it natural talent - more like years of practice and TONS of work...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post makes my eyes water as I think about the many prayers that help to form you into this young lady, the one on the porch swing. The one who loves the Lord with all of her heart, soul and mind. This glimpse into your world makes me want to cherish this moment of my own. I have the same sense of expectation as I watch your life, lived before me. I know God is up to something good and I can't wait to see all that it is! I love you sweetie. MOM

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity