Thursday, July 8, 2010

Road Trip: A Museum and the Pool!

Today was a very exciting day in our nation's capitol. We started the day with a riveting ride on the DC Metro to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. This is the "dinosaur museum" as my cousins call it. Mark and I took the two middle cousins with us. We had to stop for lemonade before we made it into the museum. Of course, the girls took full advantage of the free Metro newspaper:


And here we are, in front of the museum, drinking our lemonade:


And yes, in perfect tourist form, I wore my I "heart" Tulsa shirt and Mark wore his Eskimo Joe's shirt today. All we needed was a fanny pack. (-:

After we wore ourselves out at the museum and ate lunch at the local mall's food court, we loaded up all the kiddos in the minivan and headed to the neighborhood pool for some swimming and pizza.And it was just Mark and I, with 5 kids, all between the ages of 3 and 10. Are you impressed? I was impressed. Here is a video from the car ride in case you don't believe me (their mom got a migraine, so we were without her):



And here is a picture of me with the youngest at the pool. Note the awesome new shorts I have on. I know you can't see them completely, but I got them at Urban Outfitters, and I love them.


And there you have it. A day of swimming, eating, nap taking, and museum visiting. Pretty stinkin' awesome.

~Kathryn

3 comments:

  1. I can totally picture you and Mark with five kids of your own and a minivan. You totally rocked that one. And just in case you didn't know, Georgia is my absolute favorite girl name. Absolute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was a Okie from Muskogee going to D.C. just last month with my husbands family! (I wrote a post about if you want to see.) We even met a fellow Mukogeeian there who works at the Church of Christ. The Metro is kinda freaky sometimes, everyone is in such a hurry! I hope you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are really cute in your tourist gear, and love that video :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!! Thanks for leaving one!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity